Thank You for Visiting-Namaste

This is, more or less, a blog made for myself. I do not mind if you come, and comments are always welcome. Comments are not necessarily my view of things, and should not be considered, just because I choose to leave them, to be part of my belief system.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Assumption


I had lived completely unconscious to how my thoughts and opinions about things totally influenced my belief about everything around me.  Of course, the lesson here is to form no assumptions about what comes your way.  Assumptions root is Assume, and we all know what assume does, "It makes and Ass our of U and me".  It governs our movements/actions, talk about the blind leading the blind.  LOL  I once heard that you should look at things like they are brand new, without putting a name to them.  I did not understand that, until I read this quote.  When we name things we limit them, and the possible range of actions due to the limits of their name.  Everything is brand new, every moment is a new moment.  Experiences that protect us from harm are important, like don't stick your hand in the fire.  But assumptions are limiting to you and your actions.  Here is a prime example of assumptions that are limiting, and what a special delight this proved to be.  Jonathan and Charlotte.  See, a good example of everyone making misjudgements.

No comments:

Post a Comment