Thank You for Visiting-Namaste

This is, more or less, a blog made for myself. I do not mind if you come, and comments are always welcome. Comments are not necessarily my view of things, and should not be considered, just because I choose to leave them, to be part of my belief system.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Focus Now

Oh yeah, this is an experience that is so real for me.  It took me years to realize that as soon as I got a future focus, I got huge anxiety.  The reality was, that less than .01 percent of what I awfulized about ever came close to happening.  I spent tons of time worrying about things that do not happen, and failed to focus on the now, which is the only place that you can affect change.

Future focus caused such fear in me, that I was paralyzed by the overwhelming possibilities of the a situation that was only played out in my head.  None of the worst stuff EVER came to fruition, but it caused so much pain and suffering for me, that I was not able to handle what really was arising right NOW.  So the saying that Future Focus robs us of the ability to affect change is true.  We have no control of the future.  The only TIME we are in control is RIGHT NOW, right here.  Ask  yourself, "What can I do right here, right now to improve the situation that I am worrying about."  If the answer is "nothing" let it go, and stop worrying.  You may certainly come up with some action you can take in the future to fix the issue, so you resolve to do this at the next opportunity, stop the worry and get back to now.  Stay in Control, Stay in the NOW.

Well the last statement looks like a poster to me.  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment